The Pro Wrestling League - PWL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pro Wrestling League - PWL

An Xbox 360 League for the WWE 2k14 Video Game!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Hi-Lite Reel, Vol. 1 (Sept. 26)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt Wall
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Matt Wall

The Hi-Lite Reel, Vol. 1 (Sept. 26) Empty
PostSubject: The Hi-Lite Reel, Vol. 1 (Sept. 26)   The Hi-Lite Reel, Vol. 1 (Sept. 26) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:29 pm

As Impact returns from commercial, the cameras pan across the seats in the arena showing fans cheering and on their feet over the excitement of a night that has already included a knock-out victory by Iron Mike Tyson, a hellacious Ironman Match, and many other exciting developments. But now, it's almost time for the main event, and the fans are in a fever pitch. Suddenly, the lights cut out in the arena and a deathly silence falls in the seconds that follow, before that silence is broken and the darkness pentrated by the flare of a dozen strafing green fireworks popping from the left end of the stage to the right and back again, followed by a blue-hued explosion of pyrotechnics that temporarily blinds the fans.

That visual is replaced by a countdown clock with the sound to match, and when the clock hits zero a voice screams through the arena soundsystem and a superstar's music begins.

The Hi-Lite Reel, Vol. 1 (Sept. 26) YDey2b

HERE I COME!

As the music begins, Jericho struts out onto the stage and the fans explode in a wave of cheers that washes over the Rupp Arena, rivaling even the superstar's music for audible supremacy. Jericho confidently strides down the ramp and toward the ring, inside of which a pair of chairs have been sat opposite each other on top of a blue mat. When Jericho reaches the foot of the ramp, he pauses, high-fives a few fans leaning in and over the barricade, and then rolls up his left sleeve and flexes, kissing his bicep. He then strolls casually around to the steel steps that provide entry to the ring, ascends them and passes between the ropes before walking over to one of the chairs to collect a microphone, which he brings up to his mouth to speak with just as his music cuts out.

JERICHO
Ladies and gentlemen of Kentucky, fans watching at home, children of all ages: WELCOME to IMPACT ... IS ... JERICHO!

The fans pop a second time as Jericho announces himself to the arena, and the superstar nods and smiles as he takes in their adoration for a few moments before resuming his speech.

JERICHO
I was walking through the back earlier today, and who should I bump into except for the Hot Rod himself, the one and only so-called "Rowdy" Roddy Piper! And let me tell you Jerichoholics: even in his old age, the Piper's looking good!

There's a mixed reaction this time as fans are unsure what to think about the previously-silent third partner in PWL management. Jericho chuckles at their reaction.

JERICHO
I guess you guys aren't so hot on him, eh? So sad for ol' Roddy, but I guess that works to my benefit. See, I got to thinking: what's one way we could really bring PWL's broadcasts up to a higher standard? What's one thing we could do to get all of the guys in the back and all of the people sitting in their recliners at home to tune in and stay glued to our station? To put it simply, how the Hell are we going to beat Gotham, The Voice, Dancing With the Stars -- which you may have caught me on once upon a time -- or even The Big Bang Theory? That nerdy kid's so damn funny on that one, it's practically impossible to beat them in the prime demo. But I digress. See, I got to thinking about ways to win the ratings war, and then I bumped into ol' Roddy and it all clicked: what we need is a talk segment.

The crowd pops loudly at the prospect of another Piper's Pit, or dare they think...

JERICHO
That's right, Kentucky: The Hi-Lite Reel is BACK, baby! Yeeah!

...and now the fans are truly at fever pitch, screaming with elation and practically falling over each other with joy. Jericho grins at their reaction before pointing to the TitanTron, where the Hi-Lite Reel logo is spinning.

The Hi-Lite Reel, Vol. 1 (Sept. 26) Y68y2YD

JERICHO
And what better guest to visit the INAUGURAL PWL Impact Hi-Lite Reel episode than the man I left bleeding and laughing like a buffoon last week, the Mad King of Harts? Come on out, Owen, and join me right here in this ring and talk things out before I completely destroy you in tonight's Regicide Match!

The crowd is cheering again at the prospect of the Mad King winding up on the rough end of a beating, but they are forced into silence when...

(Promo open to Owen Hart and for feedback.)
Back to top Go down

The Hi-Lite Reel, Vol. 1 (Sept. 26)
Page 1 of 1