The Pro Wrestling League - PWL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pro Wrestling League - PWL

An Xbox 360 League for the WWE 2k14 Video Game!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A second character

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave Turner
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Dave Turner

A second character Empty
PostSubject: A second character   A second character Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:27 am

Not really a suggestion as much as it is a question, but will we be able to take on a second character at some point, if it gets approved by a mod? I'm curious because I'd love to have a second character to work with and be active with on here.
Back to top Go down
Ragin' Rick
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Ragin' Rick

A second character Empty
PostSubject: Re: A second character   A second character Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:38 am

Dave Turner wrote:
Not really a suggestion as much as it is a question, but will we be able to take on a second character at some point, if it gets approved by a mod? I'm curious because I'd love to have a second character to work with and be active with on here.

I was thinking the same thing actually. Might introduce more of Fat Fucks family in the near future. lol!
Back to top Go down
Jon Raubbe Van-Dam
Midcarder
Midcarder

A second character Empty
PostSubject: Re: A second character   A second character Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:46 pm

I third this.
Back to top Go down
Matt Wall
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Matt Wall

A second character Empty
PostSubject: Re: A second character   A second character Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:58 pm

Hey guys,

We've been looking at the possibility of second characters for a while now and while the idea seems very appealing to us (and we may consider it in the future), we want to put the focus on encouraging and improving activity and character development, and expanding our primary player-base first and foremost.

Second characters at this early stage probably won't do much to increase activity overall. From the personal experience had toward the end of the WCF, we saw that people either stuck to their one character (and didn't do enough with them) or did little to nothing with two.

It is similar to the idea of a tag division, which has also been discussed. Doing either right now while the league is still fresh and we are trying to get people to stay consistent with doing their matches and promos could cause more problems. We would rather introduce something like second characters or a tag division when there is less pressure on the staff to determine who is getting a title shot and why so-and-so is doing so well when he or she doesn't promo (or doesn't promo often).

We're also wary of introducing something big without knowing, in general, where the league will be at once WWE 2K15 comes out. For instance, Twyzted likely won't get it for the 360 and won't have a ONE until December, others aren't getting it for the 360, and some might even switch to the PS4. Once we see where everyone is standing after 2K15 drops, we might have a better idea of what the future of the league holds.

That said, we don't want to drive people to thinking they need to give up their characters to "try on" a different superstar. That is one of the reasons we launched the promo workshop a few weeks ago: beyond encouraging people to develop their promos, we also wanted to give people the opportunity to experiment with a different (new) voice.

As I alluded to earlier, this decision isn't set into stone. If people continue to promo and stay consistent with doing their matches, and at least a few of our players have time to devote to a second character (we wouldn't want to restrict the privilege to just one or two people), then it will become a very real possibility and could end up happening sooner rather than later.

And thanks for asking about this. As we see from the response here already, we know this question has been on a few players' minds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A second character Empty
PostSubject: Re: A second character   A second character Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A second character
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pro Wrestling League - PWL :: League Inbox :: Complaints/Suggestions-
Jump to: